Metropolitan Collection: New Styles for Today's Home Office or Business Environment
June 06, 2011
- Made from premium fibers that are especially designed for durability, the Metropolitan Collection is a fashion leader that combines built-in performance with Karastan’s signature styling. These carpets are perfect for light commercial applications and residential environments that call for sophistication and toughness: today’s high-styled and well-designed business environments, home offices, media rooms, home gyms, live-in kitchens and family rooms.
“Today’s family expects a lot from their home,” says Connie Berry, Karastan director of marketing. “Our Metropolitan Collection speaks to the trends of bringing business home and of spending more time at home—home offices are becoming more important and media rooms and home gyms more popular. We are ‘living’ more at home so we need spaces that are beautiful, livable and will stand up to the job. That’s where the Metropolitan Collection comes in.”
This contemporary line offers an exciting range of 18 styles from loop pile patterns and geometrics to bouclés and cut-and-loop organic fashions. Color palettes offer both tone-on-tone elegance as well as multicolored energy. All these cut and loop carpets are crafted of premium nylon engineered for superior resistance to stain and soil. They are enhanced with a high performance contract commercial backing system.
The Metropolitan Collection eliminates edge ravel, zippering and delamination, while adding outstanding appearance retention. All Metropolitan carpets are backed by lifetime wear warranties. Karastan helps you sustain the environment with carpets that feature Ultra Performance System RE, a tufting technology engineered for peak performance with high post-consumer recycled content. “Materials promoting this new collection will include QR code technology,” according to Berry. “Right in the store, a customer can scan a code with her mobile device and access a video about the product—it’s convenient, fast and helpful. It’s another way that Karastan is trying to help our customers make choices that enhance their lifestyles.”
A QR code is a two-dimensional code that can be read by free software that can be installed on mobile devices. The code contains information to link a customer’s cell phone to a video to learn more about a product. To access the information, the customer simply points her mobile device at the code.
A Diverse Selection of Styles
The Metropolitan Collection pulses with energy to enliven sleepy décors. These contemporary carpets create a cosmopolitan atmosphere at home anywhere.
- Linear Looks
- Chic Vibe: This striking linear pattern with stripes and color variations vibrates a hip attitude. Available in 19 colors.
- Defining Design: Modern shapes create movement and rhythm on a background of subtle lineation to rev up a room. Available in 12 colorations.
- Sleek Retreat: A field of fragmented striations buzzes with a hypnotizing urban edge. Available in 12 colors.
- Timeless Heirloom: This textured multicolored carpet offers linear snap. Available in 12 colorations.
- Geometric Beauty
- Harmonious Balance: A kinetic and powerful design of fragmented geometric shapes contrasts with a striped background. Available in 8 colors.
- Metro Zone: This urban look cuts corners in a montage of abstract boxes on a pointillistic background. Available in 12 colors.
- Urban Landscape: Abstract windows in a sophisticated pattern bring home big style and endless applications with a modern edge. Available in 10 colors.
- Organic Sophistication
- Classic Icon: Organic patterns of spinning shapes create a sense of brocade and a taste of elegant living. Available in 10 colors.
- Most Inspiring: Creativity is captured in a flowing organic on a modern striped background. Available in 12 colors
- New Glamour: This classic modern paisley mixes with circle motifs to create organic movement. Available in 10 shades.
- Modern Abstractsn
- Comfort Oasis: Relaxing circles play with abstract swirls on a multi-color variegated background. Available in 8 colors.
- Full Spectrum: Artistic texture with edgy styling—subtle patterns of juxtaposed striations— creates the look of a hand-crafted fabric for the floor. Available in 12 colors.
- Lino: Inspired by a classic linen fabric, this cross-hatch pattern has upscale casual appeal and decorating versatility—use it in any décor from modern to traditional or layer it with a beautiful Karastan rug. Available in 10 color lines that coordinate with Variegato.
- Metro Center: Electric criss-crosses create an abstract work of art. Available in 10 colors.
- Modern Aesthetic: This contemporary pattern interlaces textural ovals and circles and overlays them on a pinpoint background. Available in 12 colors.
- Serene Garden: A play of abstract circles creates textural calm and subtle color. Available in 10 colors.
- Timeless Focus: With a large fashionable palette, this timeless tonal textured loop offers simplicity and a classic look for endless applications. Available in 20 colors.
- Variegato: Createsimple, understated elegance with this soft stria cut and loop pattern that suggests mists on a mountain landscape. Available in 10 rich shades and coordinates with Lino..
Karastan is part of Mohawk Industries, a leading supplier of flooring for both residential and commercial applications. Mohawk offers a complete selection of broadloom carpet, ceramic tile, wood, stone, laminate, vinyl, rugs and other home products. These products are marketed under the premier brands in the industry, which, in addition to Karastan, include Mohawk, Ralph Lauren, Lees, Bigelow, Dal-Tile and American Olean. Mohawk’s unique merchandising and marketing assists customers in creating the consumer’s dream. Mohawk provides a premium level of service with its own trucking fleet and over 250 local distribution locations.
508 East Morris Street
Dalton, GA 30721
Press Contact: Sherry Roberts | 952-322-4005