Celebrities Enjoy The Eco-Benefits Of Karastan During The Sundance Film Festival
February 20, 2008
- Karastan was a proud participant in Lexus Hybrid Living’s Project GreenHouse, an eco-design concept presented to invited guests during the Sundance Film Festival held January 17-27 in Park City, Utah. The venue was a 2,000 square-foot restaurant which was transformed into a green oasis where celebrities and other talents escaped the cold and chaotic Main Street atmosphere.
Over 1,000 VIP guests enjoyed the luxury lounge and experienced green living in all its forms—fashion, beauty, food, transportation and decor—including five eco-friendly wool rugs from Karastan, which provided underfoot comfort throughout the space.
- Black Nain from Karastan’s Persian Renaissance Collection
- Black Keshan from Karastan’s Persian Renaissance Collection
- Kismet in Ivory/ Black from Karastan’s Sierra Mar Collection
- Marie Louise in Ivory/Black from Karastan’s Sierra Mar Collection
- Jakarta Batik in Ivory/ Black from Karastan’s Sierra Mar Collection
Entry to Project GreenHouse was by invitation only with a guest list that consisted of actors, producers, directors, press and other industry VIPs. Some of the celebrities signing the guest registry included Colin Firth, Jodie Foster, Michael Keaton, Dennis Quaid and Felicity Huffman.
“We were honored when Organic Designer, Kelly LaPlante, chose Karastan for this project,” says Connie Berry, Director of Marketing for Karastan. “As a leader in the industry, we are actively committed to producing floor coverings that benefit the environment, our retailers and the consumer. Project Greenhouse provided the perfect setting to tout our eco-message while offering the experience of comfort and beauty.”
Project Greenhouse resulted in 1,100 attending VIP guests, 150 members of the press, 1,000 gift bags, 50,000+ street impressions and millions of media impressions. A video clip of Project Greenhouse at Sundance is featured in the “What’s Happening: Around Town” section of karastan.com. Project Greenhouse will also open at the Hampton’s Film Festival in August and in New York City for Earth Day in April.
Karastan is part of Mohawk Industries, a leading supplier of flooring for both residential and commercial applications. Mohawk offers a complete selection of broadloom carpet, ceramic tile, wood, stone, laminate, vinyl, rugs and other home products. These products are marketed under the premier brands in the industry, which, in addition to Karastan, include Mohawk, Ralph Lauren, Lees, Bigelow, Dal-Tile and American Olean. Mohawk’s unique merchandising and marketing assists customers in creating the consumer’s dream. Mohawk provides a premium level of service with its own trucking fleet and over 250 local distribution locations.