Effective Date: October 22, 2013
The sites automatically log information about you from your browser when you visit the sites, such as your IP address, the pages you visit and similar information. You may also choose to voluntarily provide us with information about you at various places on the sites. Personal information that we may ask you to provide includes:
- Your name,
- Billing and delivery address,
- E-mail address,
- Telephone numbers,
- Your credit/debit card number and verification information,
- Your purchase/return/exchange information, and
- Other similar information.
Personal information may be collected when you choose to:
- Purchase, order, return, exchange, review, or request information about our products on the sites;
- Create an account;
- Contact customer service;
- Participate in interactive features on the sites;
- Connect with the sites through a social media service;
- Sign up for emails, mobile messages or social media notifications;
- Enter a contest or sweepstakes or participate in a survey or a focus group; and
- Make comments, suggestions or provide other input
The sites use tracking pixels, web beacons, cookies and other technology to get and store information like your IP addresses, clickstream data, date and time of visits, and browser, Operating System and Internet Service Provider information. Our sites use this information as a way to measure activity and traffic patterns on the sites, manage customer service, improve the functionality of the sites, and help reduce fraud.
Cookies enable us to offer secure pages to you without asking you to sign in repeatedly. Most browsers allow you to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them and how to remove them. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser, but please note that if you choose to erase or block your cookies, you may need to re-enter your original user ID and password to gain access to certain parts of the sites.
Web beacons allow us and our authorized third parties to monitor and collect certain information about users of the sites, web-based documents, e-mail messages or other communications, such as the type of browser requesting the web beacon, the device identifier of the device that the web beacon is sent to and the time the web beacon was viewed. Our use of web beacons on the sites, include without limitation, the following:
- Counting unique users/browsers, visits and page views;
- Monitoring traffic and conversion patterns through our various product and service offerings on the sites. For example, web beacons may be integrated into a merchandise product page as well as the shopping cart, transaction and verification pages;
- Personalizing your experience when you visit the sites, including the advertising and content you see; and
- Determining whether or not messages were opened, links were clicked or notifications/offers were acted upon.
From time-to-time our sites may request additional information from users via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose additional information that may be requested. Information requested via surveys and contests may include shopping preferences and additional demographic information.
Mohawk may use the information collected through the sites to:
- Send you information and promotional material,
- Deliver coupons, mobile coupons, newsletters and marketing communications, receipt messages, emails and mobile messages,
- Process your requests for products, information or services,
- Fulfill and manage purchases, orders, payments, and returns/exchanges,
- Administer contests, sweepstakes and promotions,
- Conduct research and analysis, and
- Customize and improve the effectiveness of the sites for your future visits.
In addition, Mohawk may use the information collected through the sites to help prevent fraudulent transactions, monitor against theft and otherwise protect customers and our business, and to assist law enforcement and respond to subpoenas.
Sharing and Disclosure
We are not in the business of selling or renting your personally identifiable information. We may gather information about you from third parties and share information about you with third parties under the following circumstances:
- when necessary for third parties that provide support services to Mohawk to process your orders and requests;
- to help us market our products (for example, special offers);
- to provide data analysis and strategy services;
- when you consent to disclosure;
- with our parent, subsidiaries, divisions, and affiliates; and
- to enforce or apply Mohawk’s agreements or protect Mohawk’s rights.
In addition, Mohawk may disclose your contact information in special cases where we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our terms or may be causing injury or interference with our rights, property, our customers or anyone who could be harmed by such activities. We may disclose personally identifiable information under special circumstances, such as to comply with subpoenas, court orders, legal process or other valid law enforcement measures; to comply with a legal obligation; at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation; to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing the sites and applicable laws; to protect the legal rights, interests, or safety of the sites, our users or others; or when your actions violate our terms. Such disclosures may be carried out without notice to you.
We may transfer personally identifiable information as an asset in connection with a proposed or actual merger or sale (including any transfers made as part of an insolvency or bankruptcy proceeding) involving all or part of our business or as part of a corporate reorganization, stock sale or other change in control.
ANY PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE OR OTHER INFORMATION YOU CHOOSE TO SUBMIT IN FORUMS SUCH AS A BULLETIN BOARD, CHAT ROOM OR ANY OTHER PUBLICLY ACCESSIBLE AREA OF THE SITES CAN BE READ, COLLECTED, OR USED BY US AND OTHERS. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE INFORMATION YOU CHOOSE TO SUBMIT IN THESE FORUMS.
Third Party Use of Information
The sites include social media functionality, such as for Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and Facebook. These features may collect information about your IP address and page visits. They may set a cookie to make sure their platform features are functioning properly. These features are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on the sites. Your use of those features is governed by the policies of the social media platforms that provide them.
The sites take administrative, technical, and physical precautions to protect your personally identifiable information. In certain areas of the site, your information, including your credit card number, is protected using standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology. Your credit card number is not stored on any computer system or electronic storage device at Mohawk. It is processed directly by the payment gateway. We use SSL encryption to protect sensitive information online and also take appropriate steps to protect user-information off-line. However, no computer system is completely secure, and while we believe the measures we have implemented reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved, Mohawk cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit via the sites and you do so at your own risk.
Email is not encrypted and is not a secure means of submitting credit card information. If you receive an email that looks like it is from Mohawk asking you for sensitive information, do not respond. We will never request your password, credit card information or other information via email.
If you experience any unexpected activity related to your account, please contact us immediately, as well as your issuing bank or credit card company.
We provide mechanisms for updating and correcting your personal information on the sites. You may update your personal information at any time by logging into your account.
We will email order confirmations to you after you submit an order. We may send mobile coupons and text messages to mobile devices if you have opted in to receive these messages. We may send email messages with information about Mohawk or the sites. If you no longer wish to receive updates or notifications you may opt out of receiving these communications by changing your email notification settings in your account or by opting out of a mobile messaging campaign. You also may unsubscribe to promotional e-mails via the opt-out link included in each e-mail. It may take up to five (5) business days before you stop receiving promotional e-mails.
Children’s Privacy and Parental Controls
If you are not 13 or older, you are not authorized to use the sites. We do not solicit or knowingly collect any personal information from children and we will delete any information later determined to be from a user younger than 13. Parents should be aware that there are parental control tools available online that can be used to prevent children from submitting information online without parental permission or from accessing material that is harmful to minors.
Notification of Changes
or call 1-800-2MOHAWK (800-266-4295).